Thursday 13 September 2007

Gavyn Davies goes it alone

Gavyn Davies has split his hedge fund business, Fulcrum Asset Management, from that of partner Christian Siva-Jothy. Mr Siva-Jothy runs the SemperMacro hedge fund, which performed poorly last year.

Well, I feel this is the right thing for Mr Davies to do. I am against partnerships in business, from bitter experience. A few years ago, Arthur Simmons from the Chaos College of Finance wanted me to go into business with him, setting up a correspondence course for budding shamans. Don’t get me wrong, Arthur and I are great friends now and I have the utmost respect for him, but we just couldn’t work together. To be honest, a lot of it was my fault. I was actually living in a cave at the time and was very difficult to contact. Arthur could never understand my approach to financial shamanism. He thought I was too isolated, while he liked to engage with the wider community. Each to their own, I suppose.