Friday 5 October 2007

Absolute Capital Management: portfolio managers leaving

Two portfolio managers, Frank Siebrecht and Stefan Heieck, are leaving Absolute Capital Management for personal reasons. This follows the departure of Florian Homm last month.

This reminds me of the time I left Shaman Money Management for personal reasons. SMM has gone out of business now - mainly because I left the company. The bosses there didn't have a clue. The main problem was that they insisted all their shamans were office based. I tried to explain to them that shamans need to spend a great deal of their time in the desert. Sure, there aren't any deserts in Britain, but there are plenty of caves in places like the Lake District. But they wouldn't even consider that option. They wanted their shamans to keep regular office hours - nine to five! What a joke! And that's why I left.