Monday 5 November 2007

Chuck Prince quits Citigroup

After quitting last night, Chuck Prince is no longer the chairman and chief executive of Citigroup, but will he now retrain as a financial shaman?

When Stan O'Neal left Merrill Lynch last week I spoke to Arthur Simmons from the Chaos College of Finance. He wanted to see Mr O'Neal retrain as a shaman and make a commitment to mystical capitalism. So far, Mr O'Neal has not said a word about it. We don't know what his plans are. Maybe he's stuck in the old ways - not realizing that mysticism is the oldest way of all. I hope I'm not confusing anyone. I get confused myself sometimes. The mix of mainstream, conventional banking and the new creed of mystical capitalism is a bit messy. It will stay this way until shamans gain the upper hand in the banking world.

As for Chuck Prince, I would love to see him dancing beneath the moon and chanting and praying to Big Herb the money god, but I won't hold my breath. I would love to see it though. Mr Prince, if you're reading this post, I urge you to give it a try. You might like it. You'll definitely enjoy the power and the thrill of being able to talk to any dead person you choose. Think of all the bankers who have passed over to the other side. These guys will be your new friends, offering you the best advice that not even money can buy. If you ask me to, I will guide you. I will be a bridge over troubled water for you. Take my hand. At least think about it. If you need me, I'll be waiting for you on the astral plane. Please come and see me.