Monday 12 November 2007

Publicis: there’s a web bubble!

Maurice Levy, chairman and chief executive of Publicis, has been speaking of a web bubble. Apparently, the boss of this marketing group is concerned that too many companies on the internet are chasing too little advertising revenue.

Keith Busby, the award-winning financial psychic, was straight on the phone to me when he heard the news, 'You see what I'm saying? There are bubbles, bubbles everywhere. Beautiful mystic bubbles in banking, in the housing market, and now even the internet. Bubbles will take over the world. We must all cherish these bubbles.'

I don't know how much longer I will be able to maintain my friendship with Keith. Ever since he developed the new fortune-telling technique of visiting people at home while they are having a bath, he has been obsessed with bubbles. He sees all bubbles as being the same. He is insane. Am I being too harsh saying this? Is it possible he is a great visionary? No. He's a nutter. Pure and simple.