Tuesday 11 December 2007

Lloyds TSB's Helen Weir and the credit contagion

Jesus Christ! No, it's not a horror story. Just another doom merchant with more tales of woe. These people are out of control. Helen Weir, finance chief at Lloyds TSB, has been saying how the turmoil affecting the world's financial systems is spreading. She actually uses the word 'contagion.' It's a fucking disease now. I suppose she saw the headlines that Simon Johnson and Teun Draaisma and George Soros and Uncle Tom Cobley were getting, and she thought she would like some of the action.

I've had enough. If the worst comes to the worst, I will conjure up the four horsemen of the apocalypse and give these characters something serious to worry about. I hope I haven't shocked you. I mean, I don't operate on the dark side - I leave all that to Jack Pickles. I'm just really angry at the moment. These people are making the situation worse. Big Herb has practically guaranteed me that the credit crisis will pass. Is anyone listening?

I'm going to finish off with a quote from King Lear: The worst is not, so long as we can say 'This is the worst.'