Friday 25 April 2008

Trafalgar Asset Managers: in business with Goldman

Goldman Sachs's Petershill fund has bought a 10.8 per cent stake in Trafalgar Asset Managers. Trafalgar was formed in 2001 by Lee Robinson and Theo Phanos. Apparently, they aren't returning calls at the moment or making any comments on the deal with Goldman. Why not?

I have been speaking to Susan Flint from Bad Moon Investments. She told me, 'I think Robinson and Phanos are in a state of shock. I have a friend at Trafalgar, and he has told me that neither of them realized that Goldman Sachs employed financial shamans and money mystics. As laughable as it sounds, Lee and Theo have never even heard of mystical capitalism. It is a complete culture shock for them, and they are having to adjust to a new reality. But give them time. I'm sure they'll cope.'