Thursday 12 June 2008

Toscafund strikes back

Martin Hughes, the bloke who runs the Toscafund hedge fund, hit out yesterday at rivals he has accused of trying to destroy him. He said, 'Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they ain't after you. Toscafund is not in trouble. Sure, it's fallen 15 per cent in the last year, but it will recover. These rumours are outrageous. And I know Jack Pickles is behind them.'

Ah. My old friend Jack Pickles. What did I say recently about his having his corrupt little fingers in nasty financial pies? I think I said something like that. I can't be bothered to trawl through my archives. But I was right. You've heard it from Mr Hughes himself. At last a hedge fund manager has come out and acknowledged the existence of the demonic financier Jack Pickles. The man does exist. He is not a figment of my imagination.