Monday 28 July 2008

David Einhorn is waiting for …

What is David Einhorn waiting for? Is he waiting for the day when everyone in the world of finance and banking worships Big Herb? No. Okay, is he waiting for a sign, a message from the astral plane, that he should go into the desert and become one with the cosmos? Afraid not. Rather disappointingly, Mr Einhorn is waiting for further price falls for distressed debt. Yeah, he wants to invest in distressed debt. It takes all sorts to make a world.

I have been speaking to Arthur Simmons about Mr Einhorn, and he is absolutely furious. He told me, 'This is bullshit. Absolute bullshit. David once enrolled at my college, do you know that? He stayed about two or three days, before exclaiming: I ain't interested in all this voodoo shit. Then we never saw him again. That's the kind of man we're dealing with. He doesn't have a mystical or spiritual bone in his body. So it comes as no surprise to me that his main concern in life is waiting for the price of distressed debt to fall. Actually, I feel sorry for the guy. I really do. Imagine being him! Imagine not knowing about Big Herb or Ganesh. Imagine never experiencing the burning of money. He has never felt the flames inside him. It's a sad life. Let him keep his distressed debt. I hope he's happy.'