Tuesday 22 July 2008

Michael Klein quits Citigroup

Michael Klein, one of the top dogs at Citigroup, has decided to leave the bank. Mr Klein was an important player at Citi - helping it to raise billions of dollars from sovereign wealth funds to cover credit-related losses. But what will he do now?

I have been speaking to Mike, and he told me, 'I've had it up to here with corporate life. Where is the love? Yeah, I'm finished. I need to get away. I was reading your post last week about peace and love in the desert, and it gave me an idea - why don't I become a financial shaman? I'm still young. So that's what I'm doing. I'm going into the desert. I want to find something deep within myself, and deep within the cosmos, that will give my life meaning. I want to feel the burning. I've made a lot of money in my time, but I've never felt the burning. I need to feel the burning now. There is such a hunger in me. I'm so empty. The fire will fill me up.'

I hope he finds what he's looking for. Good luck, Mike.