Wednesday 22 October 2008

Gregory Fleming and Thomas Montag: will they stay or will they go?

Good question. I'm glad you asked me that. But I didn't ask you that! Yes you did. What do you think I am, some kind of friggin' amateur? I can read people's minds. I can look into your subconscious. Somewhere deep inside, you asked me that question. I know you better than you know yourself.

Well, will they stay at Bank of America? As we all know, BofA is taking over Merrill Lynch. Fleming and Montag are senior executives at Merrill, but will they want to stay after the deal is done? It all depends. I know that both of these men are concerned about the culture at BofA. Why are there no meditation rooms, no chakra healing sessions, or aura workshops? Greg and Tom are very mystical guys. Very mystical. I could tell you stories about them that would make your soul leave your body and explore the cosmos in an explosion of pure joy before returning to your body just in time for an afternoon nap. But I won't. I don't want to get you all excited. I presume you've got work to do. Shares to sell or whatever. Whatever it is you do, I'm happy for you. I don't want to distract you. I don't want to give you too many glimpses into the other life. The supernatural life that is above and beyond! But I digress. Greg and Tom. Yeah, these guys want to be reassured. Bank of America, it's your move.