Thursday 13 November 2008

Lloyd Blankfein: trees don't grow to the sky, but if you plant that tree the roots don't go to China either

That was from Chancey Gardner the other day. No, sorry, Lloyd Blankfein. Yes, it was Lloyd Blankfein, the boss of Goldman Sachs. I always get those two mixed up. My apologies.

This is what Chancey Blankfein said (in full): 'Trees don't grow to the sky, but if you plant that tree the roots don't go to China either. I have such a tree in my garden. I like to watch it grow. It is important to be one with nature. It is good in the garden. I would not want to venture into the desert. Too dry. But there is water in the garden. And life. And hope. The credit crunch is harming many people. I watch it on TV. I like to watch. But there will be growth in the spring.'

Lloyd Gardner. What a man!