Tuesday 6 January 2009

Robert McCann is leaving Merrill Lynch

Yeah. He's leaving. It was voluntary as well. I guess he looked at the John Thain / Peter Kraus (no longer at Merrill, by the way; but still close to John) situation and said to himself: Life's too short. I don't want this no more, man. I'm heading for the desert. I want to be free. I want to find myself - before it's too late.

Yes, I guess he said something like that, and who can blame him, eh? I wouldn't want to get caught between John and Peter. Robert needs to find some peace.

You see, dear reader, every man has got a breaking point. You and I have. Robert McCann has reached his. And very obviously he has gone …

… all mystical! All mystical. This man has had enough. The square corporate world. He can't take it no more! John Thain may have been a Native American chief in a past life, but how does he live now? He don't live like no mystic, man. And Robert saw this. With his own eyes! And probably even his third eye. Oh yes, Thain talks a good game, paying lip service to mystical capitalism, but he's never really been mad for it, like my dear friend Bob Diamond has. And Robert McCann knows all this. And that's why he's leaving. You've got to respect that.

And what about John Thain? He is the president of global banking, securities and wealth management at Bank of America now. I hope he's happy.

And what about me? What about my chakras? Do you have any idea what I'm going through? Could you write about these characters, dear reader, and not let it affect your mental state? I'm feeling very fragile at the moment.