Monday 9 February 2009

BNY Mellon Asset Management: two new boutiques!

Yippee! After all the trouble it has had recently, BNY Mellon Asset Management has managed to launch two new investment boutiques - Ankura Capital (based in Sydney), and Blackfriars Asset Management (London).

But what was all this trouble the firm had? Let Keith Busby explain: 'Well, actually, it was more to do with BNY Mellon’s vice chairman, Jon Little. Jon came to me in a terrible state, practically in tears, moaning about the colour of his aura. Now, it was a lovely yellow colour, and I didn't see anything wrong with it myself. It meant he was a playful, easy-going soul. But that wasn't good enough for Jon, oh no. He said he wanted a deep red colour to make him feel more powerful. So I changed it for him. But, unfortunately, I made a mistake, and his aura came out bright emerald green instead - which is my colour, the colour of a healer. Well, he hit the fucking roof. He really did. Called me all the names under the sun. It was very upsetting.'

Well, whatever colour Jon's aura is, I'm sure he's very happy with recent developments at BNY Mellon. There's more to life than having a red aura, you know.