Wednesday 3 June 2009

BBVA: take a five-year holiday!

This is brilliant! The Spanish bank BBVA is offering its employees the chance to take five years off work with 30 per cent pay for that whole time. So, they've got siestas and now this shit. Lucky bastards!

I have been speaking to Juan Ignacio Apoita (BBVA's top human resources dude), and he told me, 'Mike, I've just read your last post about God not being a vulgarian. Boy, are you in a world of shit now. (Why?) Big Herb is pissed at you. He thinks you're having a dig at him. (Don't you want to talk about your cost-cutting drive, the five-year holidays?) No, Michael, I want to talk about your relationship with Big Herb. (Hey, Juan, mate, Big Herb and I are cool. We've known each other for years. And I made my bones when you were going out with cheerleaders.) Eh?'

Dear reader, what happens in the desert, stays in the desert.