Monday 22 March 2010

Why is Colin Banfield leaving Nomura?

Why has Colin resigned? Everyone seems to be leaving Nomura at the moment. It's beyond a joke. For those of you who don't know and may not even care, Colin Banfield is/was Nomura's co-head of investment banking for Asia-Pacific. Now he's joining Citigroup - according to nutjobs familiar with the matter.

O Master, what nutjobs?

I don't know. They're all the same, aren't they? These mysterious people who lurk in the shadows, who seem to know everything about everyone in the world of finance and banking, and yet refuse to be named.

Let's shine a light on them!

O my child, I wish we could. I sincerely wish we could, but ...

But?

I fear they may be under the protection of Jack Pickles.

No!

Yes. I fear that may be the case. But back to Colin. Why is he leaving Nomura?

He was impressed by Siggi Stardust the other week.

Yes, that's the reason. Anything Siggi Thorkelsson can do, Colin Banfield can do.

O Master, can he suck up into his mind like a leper messiah?

Well, you'll have to ask him. But I should imagine that he imagines he can. Otherwise why take the risk of moving on to pastures new? The grass isn't always greener, you know.

Good point.