Tuesday 25 May 2010

Who is Alec Litowitz?

Alec Litowitz is the founder of Magnetar Capital, the US hedge fund. He left Citadel in 2005. This does not tell us who he is. Who is he?

Who is Alec Litowitz?

I am Alec Litowitz. He has words for you! I am smart Alec. And Alec is here. With his friends. Strangers to the earth. But we live among you. We want to fit in. We were excited about the opportunities in the mortgage derivatives market, a long time ago. Voices called us from far away, from the stars. Our homes! We were told that this was the way, and we believed it. We do not question authority. I am Alec Litowitz. Love is a dying star heavier than the sun. But I will live forever. Flying astral skies, halfway to the moon, I could strip information from all the credit cards on earth. That's how powerful I am. But you shouldn't fear me. We were market neutral. We were the children of God. I am a god. No, I am a man. Yes, I am a god. I will let you decide. Judge me! CDOs. Let's not talk of CDOs. Life is too short. Your life. And I will not bore anyone with the details of my new fund. I am not driven by events. I make the moves that shake the world! I have seen blood on the moon. Alec has heard the ghosts speak. I have known the pain. Alec has been taken by the desert wind. Up, like an eagle. Higher, like a star. Deadly, like an atomic bomb. Soft but sinister, like flowers growing through a skull. This is my reality. The force through cracks in that skull. Here I come! Can you see the skull? Close your eyes and see! An explosion of astral flowers! I am Alec Litowitz. I am lost. You will not find me. I do not want to be found. I am magnetic! Money comes to me. I have gone off with the money. I could tell you more. I could tell you who I am. Who is Alec Litowitz? I am Alec Litowitz. I am a shell, with consciousness inside. The consciousness flies off. It returns. Who am I? If I leave, and then return, who am I? Am I my thoughts? Or am I that shell? Am I empty? Or is Alec full of visions, and words, and intense emotions. I'm wishing on a star. I'm wishing on a dream. I was born for this. Alec Litowitz will keep on. He will never stop. Michael Fowke cannot stop me. I will keep on. My voice gives me a reason to continue. I am a voice. My voice cannot be stopped. Not even if I leave my body behind. The body belongs to Alec Litowitz. You can have it. I will sell it to you. Take the body of Alec Litowitz. Eat the flesh! Drink the blood! You will not have my consciousness. It has gone. Alec is higher than you know. Imagine. Alec has gone. Will he come back? I might come back. Then I will need the body. You better hold on to it.

Thank you, Mr Litowitz. That was very informative. And we will hold on to your body. You will be needing it again, I can assure you. You are not as clever as you think you are.