Thursday 12 August 2010

What does Morten Spenner believe?

Do we really care?

'Morten Spenner, chief executive at International Asset Management, believes credit and equity market conditions bode well for security selection and should in particular benefit long/short equity and credit managers.' Hedgeweek.

It's the same old story. We know from bitter experience that chief executives believe all sorts of things.

But let me tell you what I believe. I believe Morten Spenner is sick of this life.

Yes, he studied at Oxford, and the LSE. No surprises. He was an associate at Putnam Lovell Securities. Then he thought he would find the happiness he was searching for at IAM. Oh, the disappointment. Tears, and more tears.

Has Morten ever looked within?

This is what I believe: Morten Spenner has to let go. He is holding on to a world that doesn't need him, doesn't want him.

What would happen if Morten left for the desert tonight? Am I speaking of the astral desert within? No! The physical desert. What's the worst that could happen? It would be a serious challenge. A test of his strength. O Morten, just pack a bag and go! What are you afraid of?

O Master, it's his privileged background. A real handicap.

Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education ... but that's okay. I know the astral plane, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top.

You're not Scarface! And Gillian's married. Get back to Morten.

O Morten, go! Pack a bag, man! Go!

Go, go, go, said the nutter.

O my child, you're on thin ice.

Oh, I'm scared.