Wednesday 18 May 2011

Goldman Sachs plans to launch some sort of hedge fund seeding vehicle

In this Palace of Lies a truth or two will not hurt you. Your friends are all the dullest dogs I know. They are not beautiful: they are only decorated. They are not clean: they are only shaved and starched. They are not dignified: they are only fashionably dressed. They are not educated: they are only college passmen. They are not religious: they are only pewrenters. They are not moral: they are only conventional. They are not virtuous: they are only cowardly. They are not even vicious: they are only 'frail'. They are not artistic: they are only lascivious. They are not prosperous: they are only rich. They are not loyal, they are only servile; not dutiful, only sheepish; not public spirited, only patriotic; not courageous, only quarrelsome; not determined, only obstinate; not masterful, only domineering; not self-controlled, only obtuse; not self-respecting, only vain; not kind, only sentimental; not social, only gregarious; not considerate, only polite; not intelligent, only opinionated; not progressive, only factious; not imaginative, only superstitious; not just, only vindictive; not generous, only propitiatory; not disciplined, only cowed; and not truthful at all: liars every one of them, to the very backbone of their souls. - George Bernard Shaw

Certainly not about Goldman. And they're not my 'friends'. But the vehicle, I don't know. I didn't read the whatever too carefully. I've got more interesting and ... Goldman has tried it before, and failed, or abandoned it. It'll be a joint venture. Ali Raissi is involved. I'm feeling worse already. I'm going to launch a rocket into space. I'm selling one-way tickets. Anyone want to come? Hedge fund strategies group. That's what they say. And that Petershill fund. I'm sure it'll be fine. A great success. I'm not going to be all phoney. I'm not going to pretend to be friends with people who would rather I didn't exist. They'll compete with Blackstone. I can't concentrate. I don't want to. They'll top Blackstone. This is Goldman we're talking about, after all. If I told lies, would they let me into the country club? If I hated money and hated human nature ...

This has nothing to do with Goldman Sachs. I'm not writing about them. They don't hate money or human nature. It's the other 'them'. I support the bank 100 per cent. There are things on my mind. On my mind, you understand? They better start running, the phoney scum, if they see me coming. I'm not going to tell lies. I'm not going to be a big phoney for them. What do they want? Oh, they would love it, if I were to betray my / my / my principles, ha! These people are living in a dream world. They probably want me to attack Goldman. Well, I won't do it! I'm not going to attack any business that makes money. I'm feeling weak ... but when I get my strength back ... I'll beat them to a pulp with my ... fists. Merely vague words - for now. It's how they get you that's so evil. With lies and fake friendship. I was never going to be their puppet. I possess truths that hurt them. It's a shame they don't know what I'm up to. Actually, I've told them - or at least suggested - many times. I keep on ... but they don't believe me or don't think it's possible, which means THEY STILL DON'T KNOW because to know they would have to believe me first ... or think it's possible. But they wouldn't know 'possible' if it slashed them with a razor and made them lick the razor afterwards.

'Oh, he's insane!' Yeah, keep telling yourselves that. I bet it helps you sleep at night. That was them, just then. 'Oh, he's insane!' Ignore them, children. (The George Bernard Shaw quote: not all of it applies to them, but most of it does. You couldn't describe them as 'religious' or 'patriotic' or 'masterful' (ha!), could you? By the way, as I've said before, I don't need to quote. I'm not that sad. But I couldn't resist.) I don't know why I started to write about Goldman. Maybe because Goldman is one of their favourite targets. Maybe, maybe. Who knows? I'm an outsider against insiders, I can tell you that. In the existential sense, I mean. I suggest you read Colin Wilson. But maybe also in the ... [] sense ... no, no, no ... who cares, anyway? You probably don't even know who(mmm) I'm talking about, my reader(s). Imaginative ones will imagine, of course. There's nothing I can do to stop the imaginative ones. And I wouldn't want to stop them. I rely on these brave (reckless?) souls to read between the lines. They will become my soldiers, in time. They will go out into the world with a strong and uncontrollable desire to avenge me. They'll do it for Goldman as well, and for all the other banks (and hedge funds) that have been maligned. That'll be justice, if it ever happens. Beautiful justice. Let's see them broken, bloody, and begging for crumbs from our plates of gold. Yes, we'll have plates of gold. That's what we're working towards. Only so we can transcend. One day, the dirt won't touch us. I promise you, my children, that we will get clean. And I'll be free to speak without mysteries. Money will protect me. The transcendence will clean me. Then I'll use new words to destroy 'them'. I won't need my fists. So, be patient. Keep believing. And burn ever so brightly - forever!