Wednesday 4 January 2012

WJB Capital Group has closed down its brokerage operations and changed these men's lives forever

For man also knoweth not his time, as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them. - Ecclesiastes

Which men? Oh, Bryan and John. And forever? Surely not! And is the situation so serious that I need a quote from the Bible? Maybe.

It is my sad duty to report - is it, really? - that Bryan Maher and John Newman have lost their jobs. They only joined WJB Capital a month ago from Citadel Securities. Now they have to go through all the grief of sending their CVs out again. Why did WJB Capital even employ them? What a waste of time and energy!

I suppose we shouldn't blame WJB though. WJB didn't know the end was near. (Or did it? No! No, it didn't. It couldn't have done.) None of us knows when the end will come. None of us knows when we may have to close down a part of our life or - heaven forbid! well, it's gonna happen one day, evil time and all that - have our whole life closed down for us by unseen forces. Why am I so fucking morbid?

It's best not to worry. I wouldn't worry - if I were you. I reckon Bryan and John will be okay. They could always go back to Citadel. Or maybe not. My intern/researcher [eh?] has just told me that Citadel closed down its securities thing/division, er, thing, last year, or most of it. I think. Oh, I don't know, do I, eh? What's going on? I don't even have an intern/researcher. As if! Forget about it. Please forget that I even mentioned Bryan and John and WJB Capital Group. Let's be honest, it's none of my business (or yours) anyway - which should be a lesson to everyone. Something to think about, if not exactly a lesson. Yes, it's something to think about, seriously. I mean, if all people, all the people, everywhere, all minded their own business a bit more and were less interested in what other people were getting up to there wouldn't be so much bullshit stuff nonsense in the world and maybe we would all get a bit of peace and quiet for once.

_________________________


Forgotten ...

My songwriting isn't going too well at the moment. I just don't think I have the creative energy to write this blog and songs at the same time. I have a piece of music for a pop song which is of Beatles quality (mid-period, 1965/66) but I don't have any lyrics for it or even a lyrical idea. And that's totally crazy, considering I have words galore here.

I can't actually slow down on this blog yet (for reasons I won't go into) but if I could, I would reduce my posting to once a week for five years or so, and then come back in style once I had the money and position to really cause mayhem and fuck up certain slags' parades (as well as achieve immortal fame, of course). Regular readers will know my plans, the billboards, the new website, etc. It's going to take time, and I may have to go out on a limb, or a couple of limbs. I don't know what I'm going to do.

These are notes for my own benefit, more than anything. I like to see things typed up and on the screen. It helps me focus my mind, and I can come back to it whenever I want. But I'm always changing my mind, aren't I? I'll have another nutty scheme in a few weeks, you wait and see.