Wednesday 29 February 2012

Should Barclays pay tax at all?

Or should it just burn the money? I haven't spoken to Bob Diamond in a while. (Isn't it funny how you lose touch with old friends?) Maybe Bob will read this. He used to be an avid reader. Then we fell out, over money - what else? So we didn't really lose touch. (I wouldn't mind touching him right now with an iron mallet.) It was a falling out. He still hasn't paid me. Half a million pounds, Bobby. Where is it?

There's some fuss in the news about Barclays avoiding tax. £500 million or something. It could be £300 million. Whatever. It's not a lot of money to someone like Bob, but HM Revenue and Customs could sure make some good use of it. However, I'm suggesting Barclays should burn the money to show its contempt for society. Better citizenship? No. Why bother? It's a waste of time and energy. Your average person in the street is determined to hate banks in the present climate no matter what. So burn the money, Bob! And none of that mystic burning that goes on forever. Burn it to ashes!

_________________________


I've calmed down a bit since the last post. I hope I didn't offend anyone. If I did offend you, lovely reader, maybe you should man up a bit. It's a hard knock life. If you can't handle a few rough words in a blog, you're ... sorry.