Tuesday 6 March 2012

Mike Stewart of Whard Stewart, apparently

More hedge fund shenanigans! Oh, Lord have mercy! I take my eye off the ball for five minutes, five bloody minutes, and there are even more hedge fund shenanigans.

Mike Stewart was a big head of global proprietary trading at JPMorgan. [He still is, isn't he?] That would satisfy most people, wouldn't it? Our Mike wasn't satisfied though. He wanted more out of life. So he left the bank. [He's still there - for now.] And he went out into the big, bad world on his own to found a new hedge fund, Whard Stewart. [This is all in the future, isn't it?] To add insult to injury, he took his entire team with him! That's how these bastards do business. He didn't leave one man or woman behind. Poor JPMorgan! Talk about selfish! How do these people sleep at night? I mean, how does Mike Stewart sleep at night?

Fortunately, I still do a bit of astral travel. (Yes, I've kept my hand in. I haven't lost the knack.) So I know exactly how Mike Stewart sleeps at night. He sleeps curled up in a ball, like he's afraid of attack. You're probably wondering, dear reader, who would attack Mike in his bed at night. Well, I would, for one. And there wouldn't be anything bent about it neither. I ain't like that. No, astral attack. It's just standard shamanic stuff, really. I used to do it all the time. Up to this point, I've only been observing Mike, being all nosy, but you never know ... one of these nights, as The Eagles would say.

_________________________


Music. / I'm still buzzing about my song breakthrough from yesterday. Soon, I'll have two great pop songs. I need three for a demo. And if I can write three great pop songs, I know I'll be able to write fifty - my target. It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of desire and will. There are plenty of songwriters who have written two or three great songs, and they live off those songs their whole lives. I suppose they're satisfied with their lot. But I feel sick if I can't reach the big goals I've set myself. Mentally sick, that is. I give myself real pain, and the only way to relieve that pain is to achieve what I want. Is this a common thing, do you think? I don't know.

By the way, I will stop these music updates, eventually. I seem to have lost all my blogging discipline. I'll get it back. I'm just distracted at the moment. And excited.