Monday 30 July 2012

Patrick Boyle has this Palomar Capital hedge fund of his

Oh, what's this, a new hedge fund, this early on a Monday morning? When will they ever stop? And Patrick's not doing it with his own money. No, he's not stupid. Stanley Fink is paying for it all. So it's Fink's new hedge fund really. Boyle is just going to be making the tea. Well, that's the way I'm looking at it. Maybe I'm wrong. But $50 million, and with computer algorithms as well. Oh, for Christ's sake! Everyone knows how I feel about this hellish computer trading nonsense. Why can't they leave it alone? Let's have some fucking HUMANITY!

I suppose I wish him all the best, this Boyle. I don't know. Let's take it one day at a time. He may be a decent man. I shouldn't judge him, not yet. And maybe I'll never judge him. As I said, let's take it one day at a time. I'm sure God will look into it. So there's no actual need for me to get involved.

_________________________


Did you have a nice weekend? / What a load of bollocks the Olympics has turned out to be, eh? Can't say I'm surprised. This is Great Britain, after all. The opening ceremony was all right, but now no one wants to watch the sport. Well, who can afford to? Cameron and his Bullingdon mates, obviously. And a few bankers/hedgies (like you?!) - if they can be bothered to show up. But no one else. Never mind.

Did you read my angel on Saturday/Sunday? She's a lovely girl, but she does have some funny ideas. She imagines social media will one day become as bland and boring as the mainstream media, after some future "backlash". Right. How about a backlash against those characters who were hacking into phones? Let's start with them. Then we'll go after the bloggers writing about ... what they had for breakfast.

Oh, it'll soon be lunchtime. I'm having a cheese sandwich, prawn cocktail crisps, a peach yoghurt, and a can of Coke. / Laters.