Tuesday 2 April 2013

Who is Snehal Amin?

I'm afraid there isn't much I can tell you. I know he's a vet. I know that much. 'Really? Was he in Vietnam, Mikey?' No, Voice. He's a veteran of the Children's Investment Fund. 'Oh, those crazy hedge fund kids.' Yes. And Theleme Partners. / And I know, dear reader, that he's starting his own hedge fund now, but that's it. 'Does this hedge fund have a name, man?' What do you think? 'Some things never change, Mikey.' Tell me about it.

Dear oh dear. / Er ... I'm not much in the mood for writing today. I enjoyed writing yesterday's post. It wrote itself. But this? No, I haven't got any enthusiasm for Snehal Amin. I wish him all the best, obviously. It would be churlish not to. However ...

It's nice and sunny out. But it's still cold. I don't know what I'll be doing later, after lunch. Life can be so exciting sometimes.

I got Bowie's new album on Saturday. It's all right. No great/classic songs though. / He's twenty-two years older than I am. It gives me a bit of hope, but not too much. It's best to start off young. / The important thing is to be as creative as a young person. (Like Bowie, age twenty-four to thirty-three, Hunky Dory to Scary Monsters, ten albums not including Pin Ups.) I've written a couple of songs which have a rare quality for someone in his forties. As long as I keep going like that, I'll have a chance.

I need to get away from this blog first. I won't abandon it. I couldn't bear to leave my dear readers. I just mean reduce my posting to once a week or something.

All I need, sweet Jesus, is one more great song. I'm just waiting for a spark, man.