Wednesday 5 June 2013

Here's Clive Crook writing on austerity ...

Oh, here's a bit of it: "Most economists agree that changes in interest rates are usually a better way to regulate demand than discretionary changes in taxes and public spending. But interest rates can't fall to less than zero. When that limit is reached - as it was in this recession - fiscal policy must carry a bigger load." More, if you want it.

_________________________


I'm having a luxury egg sandwich for lunch. I can't actually afford luxury egg sandwiches, but you only live once. I'm still waiting for my ship to come in. / Ha! One day I'll have luxury egg sandwiches every day. It's my dream. You've got to have a dream.

You know what? I feel like spinning a-ROUND. No. 125 coming up. It's been a couple of weeks. I might go wild.

Remember, dear reader(s), I said: if you can write three great songs, you can write fifty - ? Well, I'm still in a state of certainty. I've nearly got the three. Oh, nearly. It'll be easier after I've got the three. I've just got to hold my nerve.

You've got to have a dream. I'll do a Rimbaud. I'll do a Duchamp. I'll get away, for good. I'm staying positive.