Thursday 6 June 2013

Justin Onuekwusi is leaving Aviva Investors to pursue other opportunities

Lucky sod! This Justin Onuekwusi, eh? / Christ. I wish I were leaving finance behind to pursue other opportunities. Yeah, I'll be surprised if Justin wants to manage any more funds. There's a better life somewhere for Justin - and for me, and for all of us.

How many funds was he managing, dear reader(s)? Well, there were the five funds in the Aviva multi asset range. 'That's enough, Mikey.' And there were some other funds that he co-managed. 'Where did he find the time?' Voice, to be honest with you, I don't know where any of these people find the time to do all the things they do. Me, I can just about drag myself out of bed in the morning. I write a blog post, have a cheese sandwich for lunch. Sometimes, I write another post. (No. 126 coming later. Yippee!) I play my guitar. Then it's time for dinner. I might watch a film. Then I go to bed. And it all starts again the next day. 'Ha!' I'm fucking sick of it, man.

I tell you something, boy. 'Yeah? What?' I don't envy Nick Samouilhan and Peter Fitzgerald, you know. 'Who the hell are Nick Samouilhan and Peter Fitzgerald?!' Nick and Pete, Voice, are the poor bastards who will have to manage those Aviva funds now. 'Oh God! What a life, eh, Mikey?' / Yeah. For Christ's sake! I don't care how much Aviva Investors is paying them. It's just a bloody nightmare, innit? 'Two men for one job though.' I know. It makes you think how superhuman this Justin must be. And he's not a shaman, to my knowledge. 'Amazing! Maybe he's burned himself out.' Yeah, he probably has. I hope he takes it easy for a while.