Tuesday 6 August 2013

Aviva Investors is soft closing its US equity income fund

Why? Because it wants to launch some other fund. / What's the point? Why doesn't Aviva hard close EVERYTHING and then take it easy? I'm sure all the guys and girls at Aviva have enough money now. There's really no point in continuing with this ... craziness. That's what it is, son. Sheer craziness.

I just can't understand the mentality of these people. / Henry Sanders and Thomas Forsha are the ones with all the enthusiasm. They want to keep going. Christ! They don't want to spend lazy days in the local park eating ice creams. No, they want to work, work, work. Does it make any sense to you, dear reader(s)?

Ridiculous. / You're probably wondering why I have a hard-on for Aviva Investors at the moment. I don't know. I've got to write about something. I can't keep writing about Jupiter and RWC. / Nothing's going on, man. Certainly not in the banks. Banks are dead, aren't they? Where's the excitement we felt back in 2007 and 2008? Anything was possible in those days.

I might go out this afternoon, if the weather stays nice. Summer won't last forever. It'll soon be time for Dennis Wilson's Pacific Ocean Blue. Just in case you need reminding: "Pacific Ocean Blue is the amusement arcade with the paint peeling, the carnie clown's cracked make-up fading as they pack away their act after another late September weekend of half-full applause and bitter tears. The other side of summer."

...

It was you who said there won't be tomorrow. Oh, I'm already listening to it. I couldn't resist.

I watched two episodes of Wycliffe last night. Cornwall is great, even when there's a serial killer on the loose.

I wonder if Malibu will be anything like St Ives. It might be better. I'll have to wait and see. / I suppose I could always come back for holidays, as long as the tax situation is okay.

I've got an egg sandwich for lunch. Crisps. Coke. Yoghurt. No surprises. I don't want any surprises.

...

My music, health. / I hope I don't have to live with this cubital tunnel syndrome, man. I'm getting some strength back in my hand though. I should be able to finish the demo. / I just need those last lyrics. If I don't get them soon, I'm worried I'll end up like Bodhi in Point Break. (Or Dennis.) / Time is running out ...

Maybe my standards are too high. My Heart is like a Yeats poem set to music, but not every song can be like that.

Whatever ...

...

Awesome bonus track: It's Not Too Late.