Wednesday 11 December 2013

Nathan Bostock has quit RBS again

This time ten weeks into a new job. Christ! What's wrong with this guy? / I've never heard of Nathan Bostock of course, so it doesn't bother me what he does, I'm just saying ... What's wrong with this guy?! / 'He's easily bored, boss.' Yeah, Voice, maybe. Nathan is going to be deputy chief executive at Santander now. 'What was he at RBS?' Finance director. 'Nice.' / He'll get bored at Santander too, mark my words. 'Restless spirit. It's the emptiness.' Yeah. 'He would have been great in the desert.' Don't start going on about the desert, man. 'All right, Mikey.' / I won't see the desert again. Well, I might, but not until I'm a rock and roll shaman. 'Like Jimmy?' Just like Jim.

I'm fed up today. / Dear reader(s), do you ever get that empty feeling? (We know Nathan Bostock does, but do you?) / I feel empty. / Forget the desert. It's a day for listening to Leonard Cohen's Songs From A Room and staring into mist on a bench while eating chocolate limes after a couple of ciders in a cosy pub in Cornwall. Unfortunately, I'm in London, man, and listening to Badfinger.