Monday 10 February 2014

What's this Barclays data loss/theft nonsense all about?

Oh dear ... / It's Monday morning, so ... I'm not going to get into this in any depth, if you don't mind. (I've got different fish to fry.) I'm just wondering what all the fuss is about, man.

Confidential information of 27,000 Barclays customers has been sold to dodgy City brokers, apparently. / Well, this is what happens when you deal with a bank, man. Are we supposed to be surprised? People have got to start taking responsibility for their money and their confidential information, you dig? If you want to keep your money safe, put it under the mattress. If you want to keep your personal details safe, don't say shit to anyone about anything. Just keep your fucking mouth shut, all right? / Jesus! This is all common sense, surely. I mean ... My advice? Live in a cave. Because it's only a matter of time before civilization comes crashing down around our ears anyway.
 

_________________________


Music update? 'Yeah, Mikey!!!' Really, Voice? All right. / Well, I've recorded a better version of Gilly, Gilly. It's pop again now, rather than garage band. And I really like it, man. I'm keeping it this way. So ... I've just got to record You're Lying. Today or tomorrow, maybe.

You've got to trust your instincts. / I didn't go to the pub on Friday because I had a feeling about the song, you know? Then I recorded it in a different way, with a slightly different rhythm and pace - by accident, really. And I put a bit of delay on it. The song is transformed!

It's like ... my best songwriting is often done at three or four in the morning when I should be asleep. If you want to be creative, you've got to be ready at the drop of a hat. / De Niro says you shouldn't have anything in your life that you can't walk out on in thirty seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner. 'What?!' It's the same sort of thing, Voice. You've got to be ready to rock at any moment.