Tuesday 15 April 2014

What is Stephanie Flanders getting up to these days?

Er ... as far as I can tell, working at J.P. Morgan Asset Management. That's about it. It's a shame, really. (We don't see her much on the telly no more, do we?) Oh, and wearing silly necklaces. And she's not the only one. Why do posh birds all wear these necklaces now? Is there a special posh bird kit you can buy? 'Yeah.' I thought Stephanie had a bit more imagination. 'Did you?' My advice to her? I reckon she should get a spiderweb tattoo on her face. 'Ha!' That would go down well at her new firm. 'It would make her stand out from the crowd, boss.' Of course it would, Voice. Posh bird with a difference.

Anyway, Stephanie has been saying that the global economy is a tenth smaller than it should be - or something. / Well, we could all say, that, er, the moon is smaller than it should be, or - 'The moon?!' Yeah, the moon, man, just as an example. But it doesn't change the fact that the moon is the size it needs to be for ... 'For what, Mikey?' Listen, the point I'm making is, things are the way they are, and there's no point in wishing they were ... bigger or smaller, you dig? 'Yeah.' It's a waste of time. A waste of energy. Stephanie wants to take a look at herself. That's what she wants to do. Never mind the global economy. The global economy can take care of itself. Stephanie? Hello! You should get a grip, girl. You can start by getting rid of those silly necklaces. 'Oh, leave her alone, boss!' All right, I'll leave her alone ...

...

It's a nice sunny day today. Should I go out, or should I stay in and play my guitar? 'Play your guitar tonight.' / I've got to do some recording though. I'll wait until Friday.

Lily Allen says she wants to work with a hedge fund and give her music away. I don't know what she thinks a hedge fund will do for her. A lot of artists are talking about giving their music away. It's crazy! They should focus on making outstanding music that sells. Adele isn't my cup of tea, but her last album sold over twenty-five million copies. Yeah, SOLD!!! She ain't giving shit away, man.

However, I suppose only mainstream stuff sells in the internet age. I used to be influenced by Bowie, Dylan, Velvet Underground, etc. That wouldn't be any good now. But my tastes have changed - early to mid-period Beatles, and Bacharach. No problem ...