Monday 26 May 2014

Another bank holiday, so no finance - thank God, eh?!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, NO(!) ... finance, man ... / Finance tomorrow, for my sins, and yours ... dear reader(s). / I'm listening to Kind of Blue by Miles Davis. I might put some Rolling Stones on in the minute, some Gimme Shelter and that.

...

Just some aimless waffle ... / Guitar? I'm getting pretty good on the blues scale, man. I mean, improvising lead guitar riffs. Simple stuff like the lead on Gimme Shelter. I mean, my stuff ... as simple as that. It sounds good though. / And it makes me wonder why someone like John Lennon wasn't a better lead guitarist BECAUSE(!) ... I've only known about the blues scale for two weeks. Ian MacDonald reckons he was lazy. Maybe ...

I still haven't recorded You're Lying and My Heart yet. But it's not laziness, more like fear ... I keep putting it off, man. I'll record them soon, real soon. You wait and see ...

Oh, and I'm trying to learn the opening to AC/DC's Back in Black. I've almost got it ...

That's enough Davis. / Let's have some Stones!

...

Anything ... else ... in the news ... maybe? / Well ... er, uh, only boring politics. 'Ha!' I don't give a shit about politics, man! 'Go on, Mikey!' No, Voice! Christ! Am I some fucked-up zombie, some half-alive slag, some shithead slave? 'Of course not.' So don't ask me about politics ...

I'm talkin' 'bout the midnight rambler ... the one you never seen before. 'I've seen him, boss.' Shut up!

...

Oh, news ...

A little finance ... / The Guardian says Piketty has hit back. Oh, I do hope so ... with his fucking fists. Smash! Smash! Have some of that! You fascist fat cat lovers!

Oh, news ...

Michael Gove wants to do away with American literature in favour of bland English literature. 'Ha!' / Jesus H. Christ! What we need are some French mofos! 'Yeah, man!' Celine! Rimbaud! I mean ... Austen? Dickens? Is some joker having a laugh? 'Gove, Mikey. He's having a laugh.' Yeah ...

That's enough!!! No more news.