Tuesday 6 May 2014

The Brothers Lamacraft have joined Woodford Investment Management

Oh yeah, Screaming Lord Woodford's new venture! / I don't know too much about The Brothers Lamacraft, but I can tell you the little I do know. Apparently, Stephen and Paul Lamacraft are identical (and mystical) twins who follow Neil everywhere. They're like his guardians or something. 'What?!' Yeah. They were with him in the desert, floating like sand-fairies. They were with him at Invesco Perpetual, often hiding in the shadows. 'Wow!' Now they've moved to Woodford Investment Management. They love Neil! They will never leave his side.

Oh, such devotion! 'A bit like our situation, eh, boss? I mean, my devotion.' Your devotion, Voice? Ha! You're a pain in the arse. That's what you are, son. 'Really?' Any time you want to leave ... 'Oh, I ain't leaving, man.' I'm cursed! Bad karma, dear reader(s).

I'm not sure about the name of this new investment firm ... are you, reader(s)? 'No.' I think Neil should have gone with The Neil Woodford Experience. Maybe he knows what he's doing. I don't know. / By the way, The Brothers Lamacraft do a bit of work as well. (Besides being guardians.) Stephen is a fund manager. Paul is an analyst. Or maybe Paul is the fund manager. And Stephen is the analyst. 'Yeah?' I don't know. It doesn't really matter, does it?

...

Shame about Ronnie last night. Never mind. There are plenty more snooker balls in the sea.

Is it going to be sunny today? It's hard to tell. I should stay in anyway and practice my guitar.

I don't know what I'm having for lunch yet. I'll probably have a cheese sandwich.

I'll have to get a Neil Sedaka CD. When I was a kid, six or seven, I used to play his I Go Ape on my record player all the time. (Well, I only had a small collection of records then.) It's not a very good song, but he's written (the music) half a dozen classics.

Check out -

Oh! Carol
Calendar Girl
Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen
Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
Love Will Keep Us Together
(Captain & Tennille)
Laughter In The Rain