Tuesday 27 May 2014

Who's this Daniel Plunkett then?

Isn't it amazing some of the stuff that goes on?! Apparently, there was this Barclays trader, Daniel Plunkett, who fixed some gold and cheated a customer out of millions of pounds (and made a million for his own trading book) just one day after Barclays was fined £290 million for the Libor shit, man. 'Amazing, boss!' Yeah. And now Barclays has been fined £26 million by the FCA, and Danny has been fined and banned by the FCA. (Just £95,600 though.)

Not that any of this bothers me. 'No?' No. I expect it. Human beings are ... dodgy. 'Yeah.' Put them in a situation where there's loads of money and gold flying around and anything is possible. 'Diamonds.' What, Voice? 'Diamonds, too.' What are you going on about? 'Nothing.' I'm talking about hard cash, idiot, and gold bars - like in Kelly's Heroes, not diamonds. If you haven't got anything sensible to say, be quiet. Please. 'Fine wines.' Shut up! You're not Withnail!

Sorry. You can't get the staff, dear reader(s). It's a good job I'm not paying him/it.

...

Oh, it's a special day today, my reader(s). Today, I've reached the one million word mark on this blog (including the 428,000 words of my 220 conceptual posts). 'Congratulations!' Oh, thanks ...

I could have reached it sooner. I've deleted forty thousand or so words over the years.

Is there an end to it? Well ... my music will decide. / I woke up at three this morning, worrying about my music. It's taking so long, man. But I want a demo that can't be rejected ...

...

Where has the goddamn summer gone?! The Aviva Investors mob will be in the pub again. This is no weather for ice creams in the park.

Lunch? Oh, nothing too wonderful. I've got a basic cheese sandwich, and a yoghurt. I might have a mug of tea, for a change. I think I should cut down on all the fizzy drinks, you know?

No, I've got a Coke in the fridge ... / I'll change everything ... soon. My whole life is messed up, chaotic. A can of Coke won't matter.

...

Anything else? / It's outrageous the number of smug fools Piketty has to put up with. Jealousy is a terrible thing, of course ...

NOTHING ELSE!