Monday 9 June 2014

Tony Woods has gone to Millennium Management

I don't know who Tony Woods is. I've never heard of Millennium Management. I don't know what's going on. However, none of this matters because I'm listening to Charlie Parker with Strings and it looks like it's going to be a lovely sunny day.

I'm glad I've got an intern ...

Oh, see if you can dig this ... Millennium's employees are significant investors and are proud to be invested alongside a diverse and global investor base. In managing the firm, we don't need to try to put ourselves into our investor's shoes - we're already wearing them.  Well, that's just incredible, ain't it? They're wearing their investor's shoes (they only have one investor, it seems). Jesus! Why can't these guys afford their own shoes? I mean, are they successful or aren't they? They should be able to afford their own shoes. Even I wear my own shoes, man, and I ain't got a pot to piss in.

Er ... / Hang on! There seems to be some confusion. I have ... heard of Millennium Partners. (I'm gonna get rid of my intern.) This Tony Woods character reckons he works there. 'You're looking at the wrong guy's LinkedIn profile, boss.' Well, you gave me the link, you arsehole! / And now I've lost my internet connection, so I can't even check. Dear reader(s), there may be a Millennium Management and a Millennium Partners. And there may be two "Tony Woods" ... s ... working at these firms, both of them ex-Goldman as well. Oh, this is a bloody nightmare! As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I don't know what's going on. If you're interested, reader(s), you'll have to do your own research into the matter. The facts are ... my intern, The Voice, is totally unreliable, and my mobile phone company dongle merchants are even worse. 'Boss!' What? 'Take a look at his profile again. There is only one Tony Woods and he's calling the firm Millennium Partners.' So? 'Other people - slags, basically - are calling it Millennium Management.' Can it be both, Voice? 'I'll look into it, man.' Oh, don't bother ...

Life is too short.

...

It's gone a bit cloudy now. / Lunch? Oh, the usual. What do you want from me, man(s)? I'm not going to some fancy Mayfair restaurant. 'Ha!' That's not my scene at all.

More guitar practice today? You bet! I still can't play for shit and I've got classic songs to record.

Anyway, laters ...