Thursday 24 July 2014

Andrzej Pioch and Justin Onuekwusi are together again!

Are they in love? I don't know, man. I don't know what's going on with these two. All I can tell you, dear reader(s), is that they were working at Aviva Investors together, right? 'Right.' Then Justin Onuekwusi left - for reasons best known to himself. ('Didn't like the ice cream?' I don't know.) Then Andrzej Pioch got lonely, I suppose. 'Ah!' He missed his friend. 'But all's well that ends well, boss.' Almost, Voice, almost. I've been looking at Andrzej's LinkedIn profile. He hasn't updated it, you know. 'Christ!' It says he's still working at Aviva Investors as one of those cockamamie multi-asset fund managers. 'Ha!' It should say he's working at Legal & General Investment Management with his soulmate Justin Onuekwusi. 'Mad. / He's just excited, Mikey, seeing Justin again. Give him a few more days. Maybe a week. If he still hasn't updated it, pop round to see him at the LGIM office with the razor.' Yeah, I'll do that. 'By the way, has Justin still got a bugbear?' No. I sorted it, remember ... with No. 206, back in March. 'Oh, of course. How silly of me to forget!' How could you forget something like that, man?!

...

Lunch? Christ. Cheese sandwich, if you really need to know, dear reader(s). And prawn cocktail crisps, yoghurt (haven't decided on the flavour yet), and a can of Coke. Are you happy now? What are you having?

...

Guitar? That alternate picking is like second nature now. It's amazing what you can do if you put your mind to it. / I've learnt a few more notes on the fretboard. I'm getting to grips with the scales. Pretty soon, I'll be a pretty good lead guitarist, man. / I have to practice over chords though. I haven't done that yet. I'll have to make some backing tracks. / Don't worry about it, son. Everything is working out ...

Oh, I'm listening to The Band.

He was just eighteen, proud and brave, but a Yankee laid him in his grave ...