Tuesday 22 July 2014

City Financial has sold Leigh Himsworth to Fidelity

Yeah, City Financial doesn't want Leigh Himsworth no more. They thought he was going to be a god or something. Maybe a master of reality. (I think Eden gave them the wrong idea.) But he's just a normal human being, like so many other people working in finance these days. Never mind. So, Fidelity owns him now. Not that you would know from reading Leigh's LinkedIn profile. The crazy cat hasn't updated it!

Well, well ... / No one knows what kind of fund Leigh will be managing at Fidelity. It's a bit of a mystery. I've phoned around. No one is saying anything, much. Out of fear? I don't know. / I actually like Leigh. He's a good guy. He has a nice friendly face - which is rare in finance these days, even with the normals. If he's in trouble, I hope he can get to a phone. I've told my intern I'll drop everything when the call comes. ('Eh?' Shut it!) I've got my razor ready ...

...

That's it. Nothing else is happening at the moment, I'm afraid. / The scene is dead. It's summertime, you see. The livin' is easy. Fish are jumpin'. Don't blame me. Hush!

...

I can't record in this heat ... / I should have finished my demo before summer. Alas, my guitar skills weren't up to scratch. Not sure they are now. However, I'm getting better, man. But it takes months. It's no use doing seven or eight hours practice in a day and expecting results. You have to do steady practice, two, three, four hours a day, every day.

John Coltrane use to play his sax all the time. (I can't do that. Other commitments.) Once, his wife was in the kitchen and suddenly the saxophone stopped. Shocked, she went into the living room to find out what the matter was. Coltrane had fallen asleep with the sax still in his mouth. / I hope that's a true story because I dig it, you dig?