Tuesday 15 July 2014

Who the hell is Carl Harald Janson?!

I have no idea who he is, this Carl. I really don't. However, Fundweb has his diary for some reason. (I think they stole it from his bedroom.) Totally bizarre! I mean, why do we need to know what this Carl Harald Janson character had for breakfast, or lunch?

Well, well ... / Yeah, Carl manages the International Biotechnology Trust. (I've been looking at his LinkedIn profile, for my sins.) He works at SV Life Sciences Managers. 'Never heard of it, boss.' That makes two of us, Voice.

Fundweb. / According to his diary, Carl starts his week in Stockholm. (Of all places!) But he doesn't feel it. 'Christ!' He doesn't know where he is. He could be on the moon!

By the end of a typical Monday Carl's on a plane to London. But he could be going anywhere. He doesn't care. 'He's so out of it, man!' Yeah. / Should we pity him or envy him?

The other days? He likes to meet investors! So what? Do we need to know this? I merely want to know who Carl Harald Janson is. I don't want to know what he does. WHO IS HE?!

Thursday nights? He goes back to Stockholm, I suppose. It doesn't matter to him. A man like Carl lives in his head.

I hope Fundweb gets caught. Carl won't report them. He doesn't know what's going on.

...

Music? I'm listening to John Mayall's Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton. / It's a classic album from 1966. A year before Hendrix, Clapton invented modern rock guitar playing. (Although Hendrix took things further later on ...) / Listen to Have You Heard. Ferocious guitar shit from 3.26! Steppin' Out is cool as well.

My ... music? Well ... I might do some recording today, and I might not. I'm focusing on improving my guitar playing. (I really need to get that Telecaster. Lead guitar is no good on an acoustic.) I reckon I'll be able to reach the minimum standard I want by the end of the year. That's the standard of singer/songwriters like Elvis Costello, Neil Young, and Van Morrison. The next step up from that would be a guitarist like Keith Richards or Pete Townshend. After that it's guys like Eric Clapton and Prince. I don't know how far I want to take it. As a songwriter for other people I'll only need to be good enough to record demos. But as a recording artist ... Who knows?!