Thursday 28 August 2014

Adam Khanbhai has joined GVO Investment Management!

I've never heard of Adam Khanbhai, and I've never heard of GVO Investment Management. That's the beauty of this job. ('Job?!' Yes, Voice, job.) You never know what's going to happen next. ('Or what's happening at all, Mikey.') When I woke up this morning I had no idea that I would be getting to grips with Mr Khanbhai and GVO. It's so exciting! 'Well, lay it on us, baby.' Voice, Adam Khanbhai is an analyst who used to work at OC&C Strategy Consultants. 'Never heard of them.' That doesn't matter. I'm sure it's a good firm. Our Adam was there for six years! Then he got ambitious. He said to himself I want a new challenge. 'Oh, these people are amazing, boss.' What people? 'Guys like Adam.' Yeah, of course they are. / Anyway, at GVO Adam has the responsibility of generating new investment ideas, researching and analysing potential quoted equity investments, presenting high quality investment recommendations to the Financial Shamans Committee, and monitoring existing investments within the portfolios. 'They've got a financial shamans committee?!' Yeah, I suppose. 'That's a bit old hat, isn't it? A bit 2009.' Well ... 'Don't they know you've moved on, man? We've all moved on. Rock and roll shamanism is the new thing*.' They obviously don't know, Voice. I wouldn't worry about. It's no big deal.


*It ain't new, really. Only new to us. Think of Jim!

...

Music? Guitar? Rock and roll shamanism?! Well, I've finally come up with a plan which might work, which I might actually be able to stick to, you dig? And that is: four hours of guitar practice a day, every day. (That'll be tough on big blogging days, but I'll cut down on my sleeping.) It should mean I'll be a pretty decent guitarist by the end of the year. At the moment, I'm listening to Definitely Maybe and In Utero, together, on shuffle. That's the minimum level of guitar playing I'm aiming for, the Gallagher and Cobain level. Jeff Beck says you should practice four or five hours a day. No problem! I'm already doing it, man.

...

Lunch? Cheese sandwich. Nothing fancy. I'm giving the eggs a rest. 'Are they worn out?' Shut up, you idiot.

After lunch? I'll take Adam for a spin, No. 246. I'll make him kiss the sky.

Laters.