Monday 1 September 2014

What's this Blackstone Senfina Advisors thing?

Er ... / Well, it's a new hedge fund, an everlasting one, that Blackstone is setting up, and it's going to be filled with hedge fund superstars. Guys like David Briggs and Billal Sikander. 'Never heard of them, boss.' I've never heard of them either, Voice, but so what? I mean, what do we know? We're all rock and roll these days. 'Mikey, we've always been rock and roll - at heart.' Of course we have, man. We built this blog on rock and roll. 'God gave rock and roll to us!' Yes, He did. / However, er ... enough of that nonsense. It's only Monday morning, man. Let's concentrate on this ... Blackstone nonsense. 'Lay it on me, baby.' David Briggs used to work at Ziff Brothers (still does, if you believe LinkedIn). Billal Sikander used to work at Serengeti Asset Management (yeah, still does, if you believe LinkedIn). And there are loads of other guys. 'Like who?' Like, my little invisible friend ... Sasi Digavalli, Brian "Bugsy" Siegel, and Daniel Haff. 'Oh, right.' / Anyway, there's going to be loads of different trading teams at Senfina, and they're all going to be given $500 million - which I think is a nice touch. (I just hope that Blackstone has enough cash left over for our Jason.) 'That's a lot of money. / So, they're going to be in competition with each other, these teams?' Yeah. And the first prize is a Cadillac, man. 'Great!' The second prize is a set of steak knives. 'Oh.' And the third prize is ... there is no third prize. They get the sack. 'It's a dog-eat-dog world, boss.' Tell me about it! I'm just glad I'm not part of this world. Other-worldly, that's me.

Er ... / Well, I wish them all the best at Senfina. 'So do I!' Let's hope it is everlasting and not one of these hedge funds that are here today and gone tomorrow.

...

Er ... / Anything else, dear reader(s)? No, not really. I don't know what I'm having for lunch yet. I haven't been to the shop.

Er ... / Guitar? Yeah, I'm going to be playing my guitar today. That ain't news, man.


[There's no special reason why I've started every goddamn paragraph with "Er". Except this one.]