Thursday 2 October 2014

Larry Fink says central bankers and regulators are surprising and troublesome

Er ... / Yeah. Last post of the week, dear reader(s). I'm tired, very tired. However, I will try to make the best sense out of this story that I can. / Mr Fink is the chairman and chief executive of BlackRock. He has led the firm since its founding in 1988, keeping client centric solutions and innovation at the forefront of his leadership. (I nicked that from his LinkedIn profile, which is very informative even though he doesn't have one connection! Obviously, a classic case of some internet degenerate concocting a profile for Mr Fink [I refuse to call him "Larry" - too informal. Let's have a bit of fucking respect, please!] for reasons we'll never know.) Anyway, Mr Fink doesn't like central bankers or regulators. 'Why not, Mikey?!' Well, they're surprising, and they're troublesome. 'Is that a big deal, is it?' I don't know, man. Maybe Mr Fink is the Victor Meldrew of the finance world. 'Ha!' I think it could be quite entertaining. Imagine ...the central bankers and the regulators might say something like, There's bubbles in them thar hills! I mean, that's the sort of statement that surprises and troubles Mr Fink. 'Yeah.' Outraged, he shouts, I don't believe it! And then he writes a letter to his local gazette ... yeah? 'Well ...'

Er ... / As I say, dear reader(s), I am very tired. / I hope Mr Fink doesn't read this post. I don't particularly want anyone to read it. It's not one of my best, and any normal, well-adjusted financial person is bound to find it troublesome, although not necessarily surprising. 'Don't be so hard on yourself, boss. Not every post can be an Immortal Words.' I suppose ...

My only consolation is that Friday comes around pretty quickly these days. (Have you noticed that?) Man, I'm looking forward to a couple of pints and a read of the paper and a view of the river ...

Laters, crocodile(s).