Thursday 2 October 2014

Neil Woodford doesn't like money or fund managers!

Field Marshal Dr Screaming Lord Woodford, CBE, VC, DSO, MC has gone absolutely insane. Absolutely! 'What's the matter, boss? Has Neil set himself up as a dictator or something?' Worse than that, Voice. He's going around telling anyone who will listen that fund managers get paid too much and charge customers too much. 'What?!' He says short-termism is the problem. 'Well, of course it is. No one cares about next year, or ten years from now. Everyone wants results straight away. You see it in finance, in politics, in war, in music, in relationships, in shopping, in technology, in everything! The world is fucked, Mikey. There is no hope.' Thank you for your analysis, Voice. I can't say you're wrong. However, Neil shouldn't take out his frustrations on hard-working fund managers who are only trying to put food on the table for their families. It's all right for him. He's a superstar. He's made his fortune. But I could tell you heartbreaking stories of fund managers who are struggling terribly at the moment. 'Could you?!' No, probably not ...

I'm starting to sound like David Cameron! What the fuck is wrong with me? Maybe Comrade Neil does have a point ...

...

And in other news ... I've got my Telecaster, man. £140. The cheapest one you can get, but it's absolutely beautiful. Amazing quality for the price! 'You haven't plugged it in yet, boss.' Well, I don't have an amplifier - yet. 'Oh.' I'm getting one though. I'm going to arrange for Amazon to send me one as soon as they can. This time next week, I'll be rockin' in the free world.

Lunch? Luxury egg sandwich. McCoy's man crisps, for a change. Yoghurt. Coke.

Er ... / By the way, lead guitar is much easier on an electric, as you would expect. But it was a smart move learning on an acoustic, I reckon. This time next week, I'll be kissing the sky.

Lunch? Er ... 'You've told them about your lunch, man.' Yeah. Er ... two more posts to come! Stay tuned, reader(s)! Laters.