Thursday 9 October 2014

Who is Marci Lauren Riddell?

Who is she? No one seems to know. 'You don't seem to know, you mean.' All right, Voice. I don't seem to know. Are you happy now? / Actually, I'm happy because it means I can work my magic. I love a blank canvas!

Marci Lauren Riddell has gone to work at Sorin Capital Management. 'Never heard of it, Mikey.' Neither have I. But I'm sure the firm exists. I'm sure it has funds and stuff. 'Oh, see if you can dig this, man - Sorin Capital Management takes a fundamental private equity investment approach to the CMBS and REIT sectors with an intermediate investment horizon. Does that mean anything to you?' No. Why would it? 'You're hard to please, boss.' I'm not in the mood this morning, man ...

However, I will struggle on ... / Marci has worked at Optima Fund Management. Marci has worked at SAC Capital Advisors. She's into marketing and business development. ('Oh.' Someone's got to do it.) And Sorin has $550 million in assets under management ... maybe more, I don't know.

...

There's nothing else I can say. I'm feeling depressed. (Not happy at all.) No particular reason. It just hits me sometimes.

Maybe a blank canvas should stay blank. Saying nothing, knowing nothing, will be my masterpiece.

Unfortunately, I have to write a conceptual this afternoon, No. 258. Don't ask me why. I just have to do it.

I'll take Marci for a spin. It might make me feel better. 'It might make Marci feel better.' Yeah.

...

Lunch? Cheese sandwich. Anything else you need to know about my private life, dear reader(s)? The fucking nerve of you people ...

Guitar? Well, well, er ... it's a busy blogging day, but I'll fit a bit in. / Ten weeks to Christmas! I'll be all right by then: a solid rhythm player, and a very good lead player.

Next year I'll take it to the David Gilmour level ... and maybe beyond. Eric Clapton? You never know. Watch this space! I'm feeling a bit happier now ...