Tuesday 3 February 2015

Neptune Investment Management has closed a third of its funds

Or will close, soon. Yeah, have a look. / I think it's a good idea, myself. Some of these firms have so many funds and so many managers that they can't know what's going on half the time. I mean, the bosses, guys like Robin Geffen, they must get confused.

It's best to keep things simple. Have a few favourite funds that you love, and dump the rest. I can understand Robin. 'Is he a man after your own heart, Mikey?' Maybe, Voice. Let's see how things develop. It's early days yet. But I understand the need that he has to get rid of all the crap, you dig? To be free and pure, isolated, alone in the mountain cave, contemplating God and the cosmos. 'Eh? He's not doing anything along those lines, boss. Robin has just shut a few funds, that's all.' Shutting a few funds is merely the beginning.

[I've tried this before, with the long slow bleed. Was I wrong then? And right now? Time will tell.]

...

I'm not in the mood for finance. It might be a good idea if everyone closed every fund.

After lunch I'm going to play my guitar for the rest of the day. I don't want to go out because it's too cold.

I've been flicking through a Prince biography. / Prince is lucky in the sense that he's been able to get himself into a position where he doesn't have to worry about mundane life any more. You know, going to the shops to buy a sandwich for lunch, doing the laundry, making the bed, dusting, answering the phone, cleaning the car, putting your socks on, making a cup of tea, combing your hair ... all that absolute shit. The shit that wears ordinary people down. 'He probably combs his own hair, Mikey.' I doubt it, man. He has an army of helpers!

All I want to do is play the guitar. / I'm gonna practice my songs this afternoon, and then try recording them (again) tonight. I believe decent recordings would change everything. I could move towards a life where I don't have to comb my own hair ...