Monday 30 March 2015

Ralph Cox has left BlackRock!

Head of the UK small and mid-cap equity team? No, no, no! Those days are over, man. Oh, I like our Ralph. He's a financial shaman, too. Just like me, you know. / Sweet baby Jesus and the Mary Chain! Where does the time go, eh? It's been nearly five years since I said that Mr Cox should listen to the voices. 'And he has, boss!' Yes, Voice, he has! He's taken my advice. He has listened to the voices. And he's meditated on their wise words. 'And now?' Well, now(!) ... he knows that financial shamanism is all in the past, and that rock and roll shamanism is all in the future. 'So it is written, so shall it be done!' Er, yeah.

Anyway, dear reader(s), our Ralph is looking, or will be looking, quite soon, for ... an alternative career outside finance! 'Brilliant!' Why do you think he bought that Stratocaster the other week? (Ralph, mate, I saw you in Denmark Street.) A lovely sunburst one. The man has got good taste. 'Oh, you can say that again, Mikey! What?! Fender American Vintage 59 Stratocaster? Nice!' Very nice, man. / He'll be rockin' in the free world in next to no time.

...

Why am I writing tonight, my friend(s)? I want to be rockin' in the free world tomorrow, that's why. Music all day tomorrow! 'Er ... later today.' Whatever.

When was the last time I wrote at night? 'In the dark, listening to Eno's Apollo, and slightly melancholic?' Yeah. 'No idea, boss.' Never mind. It doesn't matter ...

I'm only slightly melancholic. I'm not depressed or nuthin'. It's actually quite enjoyable. I've been listening to Eno's Apollo for close to thirty years. Lovely memories!

[Ralph?! Ralph, I almost forgot about you, son. Good luck with the music! You can call me any time ...]

Yes, this is a great album. I never get tired of listening to it. Space probably does sound like this. 'It's unlikely.' I know it's unlikely, Voice. But I just imagine that it does. 'What? Even the space cow?' I'm sure there are cows in space. Eno knows his stuff.