Tuesday 5 May 2015

Alex Wright at Fidelity will have to do some work now

Oh dear! 'Tragedy!' Dear oh dear oh dear, eh? [I'll let YOU(!) judge.] Bad news for Alex Wright at Fidelity Worldwide Investment! (Well, I think it is.) Just after the bank holiday as well. Life can be so cruel sometimes.

You see, dear reader(s), Fidelity has decided to re-open the Fidelity UK Smaller Companies fund to new investment. 'Shit!' Our Alex is the manager. The fund was actually soft closed a couple of years ago. Since then, Alex has spent most of his time practicing the guitar. (Yes, he's a musician like me. A pretty good one, too.) Everything has been going smoothly. (He's recently mastered finger-picking.) However, last month, he made the tragic mistake of playing his Telecaster in the office - with the amp turned up to eleven! 'Christ! Idiot!' Yes, Voice. One of the bosses heard him and said something like, er ... : Why isn't that oaf working? Then some chivato explained to the boss that Alex's fund was closed in 2013. 'And the rest is history, I suppose, Mikey?' Yes, they've opened the fund again to give Alex something to do.

The bastards! / I mean, like playing the guitar isn't "something to do". I really hate these philistines, man. These slave-drivers. 'Animals!' Our Alex is an artist! He's sensitive, you know? The man has genuine human feelings. It's not all about the money with him.

...

Never mind. I'll be taking Alex for a spin after lunch, No. 313. It might make him feel a little better.

Anything else? Music? Yes, I'm listening to AC/DC again. Angus Young is my role model now. (Watch the Live at River Plate DVD!) I want to play the guitar as well as he can. I have a crystal-clear goal at last! / Oh, last night I actually dreamt I was playing like him and I woke up with my arms and legs thrashing around. True story.

Politics? Oh, let's give politics a rest, eh? Politics is outside of us. We've got to look inside, you dig?

Laters. (Lunch? Er ... cheese sandwich, crisps, yoghurt, can of Coke. No surprises.)