Tuesday 2 June 2015

I'm fed up writing about finance all the time ...

I mean, what’s the point, dear reader(s)? / Some guy [probably YOU(!), son] is always leaving a hedge fund to join another hedge fund ... or maybe start his own hedge fund. Or some guy is leaving a bank to join ... another bank. Christ. Or someone is on gardening leave before ... joining a hedge fund, or a bank. For fuck's sake! Or some girl is leaving a bank to join ... a hedge fund, or another bank. [Why don't they join a cult?] Or some guy is going to prison because ... his hedge fund is just a scam, man. Yeah. Or some guy screws up at his bank and goes to prison ... because his bank is ONE BIG SCAM, like you won't believe. Then they all get out of prison and ... write books about their "experience" just like it's the nineteenth century. [Charles Dickens died a long time ago, idiot(s)! Get over it, yeah?] And, and here I am ... writing this shit ... when I should be rockin' in the free world with my Telecaster.

[And they all have fake LinkedIn profiles. Chief executives with no connections?! Do me a favour!]

...

And YOU(!) ... all of YOU(!) could have joined me in the desert years ago ... when there was a real chance of REVOLUTION(!) / I was up for it, then. YES!!! The cult. The mayhem. The sick love. I was willing to be your leader, your master. / NOW ... I just want to play the blues, you dig? Like a crawlin' king snake, too.

I ain't got no answers no more. Find your own way. I'll see you on the other side.

...

On a more positive note, I'm taking today off. [This is being written in the night to the sound of Eno's Apollo. When I wake up tomorrow it will be Tuesday, so ... it doesn't matter, reader(s). Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow ... it never stops!] / If I'm in a good mood I'll have a go at my songs.