Tuesday 7 July 2015

Bubbles de Vere chief executive Stephen Kavanagh says ...

Well, he probably says all sorts of things. But Bubbles de Vere has returned to profit, so he's been talking about that. Stephen says: "We increased our revenue, profitability and adviser productivity, made a dividend payment of £2m to our parent company, while putting the issues related to the sale of Keydata products firmly behind us."

Let the good times roll, eh? / Keydata, Keydata, Keydata? Something to do with Jack Pickles? Oh, it was a long time ago, reader(s).

Bubbles de Vere? Is that a new firm? I don't know. What do they do? 'Boss -'

Bubbles de Vere is a national firm with over two hundred highly qualified independent financial advisers located throughout the UK. We offer our clients an attentive, focused service from an experienced local adviser. While our offices are based in major cities and key business centres, our advisers cover the whole of the country, meeting you when and where it's convenient for you.

Nice. Thanks for that, Voice.

...

That's enough (already? YES!). I'm just not in the mood today. I wish I were back in St Ives. I had a lovely time. But you can't have a lovely time in London.

Music? Oh, I'm sorry to disappoint you, son, but I ain't got no music on. No, I'm watching (sort of) a film, Gangster No. 1. 'Er ... this early in the morning, Mikey?' Yes, this early ...

Gangster No. 1 is the only existential gangster film I know of. / There is no meaning to the gangster's life, and he doesn't seem to enjoy anything. However, he becomes No. 1. Why? Well, because he is able to, that's all. He's different from everyone else. Alienated, lost. And more ambitious - but for no particular reason. It's like a game to him. A pointless game.

Laters. Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow ...


[I've been thinking. Ten years ago, I was sitting in Liverpool Street station when one of the bombs went off. I didn't hear anything though. Or maybe I was there just before. It's difficult to remember. I used to get in early to avoid the worst of the rush hour and have my breakfast and read the paper.]