Thursday 2 July 2015

David Older has left Point72 for Carmignac Gestion

Yes, away from Stevie, and into the arms of Edouard Carmignac, as a senior fund manager, and away from New York, and to ... London!!! / Well, well ... it sounds like an improvement, don't it? 'I suppose.' [No more of Stevie's cold stares ...] Unfortunately, I have no idea who David Older is. Oh, I've tried finding out. I've even gone to Bloomberg. 'Ha!' Guess what Bloomberg told me, dear reader(s). This person is connected to 0 Board Members in 0 different organizations across 0 different industries. 'They're useless wankers, boss. Why do you even bother with Bloomberg?' I don't know, Voice. Maybe I enjoy the pain.

Carmignac Gestion? Carmignac Gestion is different. Like no other fund management company. I know you've heard it a million times before, but it's true. Independence. Boldness. Performance. Team spirit. A culture of transparency. You won't find that shit anywhere else. And Edouard Carmignac? Let me tell you, he likes getting off the beaten track. 'Brilliant!' Yes. And that's why I'll be taking him for a little spin after lunch, No. 328.

...

Music? I'm listening to The Times They Are A' Changin'. I think it's Dylan's best album before he went electric. Highlights are: Ballad of Hollis Brown and Boots of Spanish Leather.

Lunch? Cheese and pickle sandwich, crisps, yoghurt, can of Coke. Just the way I like it ...

Guitar? My guitar?! I thought taking a week off to go on holiday would damage my playing, but I'm back to normal after a few days practice. Which is a relief. I haven't come this far to lose it all now, man. You dig? 'Of course they dig, Mikey!' Yes, Voice. Of course they do.

If I ever manage to record my demo, I'll get back to writing songs. I have a plan to write every Sunday. A complete song, and no messing. That way I should be able to write forty songs in a year. Roughly. I mean, not every writing session will be successful. Dylan at his peak was writing about forty songs a year.