Wednesday 23 September 2015

Michael Queen has launched a new hedge fund!

Well, well ... / Mickey Queen, to his friends, apparently. I've never heard of him, so I'll call him Mr Queen, if you don't mind, dear reader(s). 'I've heard of him, boss.' Really? 'Yes. Actually, I broke into his office with a sponge and a rusty spanner. He said, "I know you, and you cannot sing." I said, "That's nothing, you should hear me play piano." Ha!' Okay. Very amusing, Voice. [Idiot!]

Sorry about The Voice, Mr Queen, if you're reading this. I'm sure you know how difficult it is to find the right staff these days. / Anyway, Aquilys Investment Management. Water and waste, and that. Long, and, er ... short. That's the firm, I suppose. I tried going to Bloomberg for more information. 'Ha!' Yeah. Unfortunately, all I got was ... Aquilys Investment Management Ltd does not have any Key Executives recorded. 'Jesus! Wankers, those Bloomberg ...' Yeah. Oh, and ... No transactions available in the past 12 months. 'Brilliant! About as useful as a chocolate teapot.' About as useful as you, Voice.

Mr Queen used to be the chief executive of 3i Group. '3i Group?' They focus on mid-market private equity, infrastructure and debt management operating across Europe, Asia and North America. 'Okay. Nice.'

Well ... it goes without saying, reader(s), that I wish our Mickey all the best with his new venture. 'Good luck, Mickey!' Shut up, man! 'I could be his eighteenth pale descendant, for all you know.' Please, be quiet. Go away.

...

Has he gone? / Music? I'm listening to The Smiths. It's hard to rate Johnny Marr as a guitarist because he avoids all the cliches with his playing. (For the record, I love all the cliches - the bends, vibrato, blues rock moves, you dig?) But he's great, definitely. [Maybe.]

I'm waiting for an Eric Clapton DVD. I hope it arrives today. Hyde Park concert in the Nineties. I've seen clips of it on YouTube. Eric loves the cliches, too!

Lunch? Cheese sandwich. No surprises. / Laters.