Tuesday 29 December 2015

Marko Soldo? Talarium Capital?

Er ... / Right, I think this news is nearly a week old, but it's not my fault, man. The wonderful media have all gone on strike. 'Ha!' Yeah, they think it's a fucking holiday or something. However, some of us have to work for a living.

Marko Soldo? Marko Soldo is a man/portfolio manager who used to work at Millennium Capital Partners. Now he's got the idea in his little head that he wouldn't mind owning and running his own hedge fund - as if no one has ever done that before, for Christ's sake!!! 'Never mind, boss. Let our Marko learn the hard way.' Maybe, Voice. / Oh, I'm sure it will be a great success, this Talarium Capital. That's what he's calling it, dear reader(s). 'A name for the fund, too! Well, well ... it's certainly a good start.' Yes, these people think of everything, sometimes. And the firm will be mixed up with, er ... well, long and short European equities, so ... 'Where is it based?' London, I think. [YES(!!!)] I mean, our Marko needs approval from the FCA. Talarium hasn't even been launched yet. A long journey begins with small steps ...

Marko, son, if you're reading this, I know you're going to make a success of it, yeah? Please excuse my intern's negativity. 'Me?!' Shut up!

...

That's enough. / It's going to be sunny today. I might go to the pub, down by the river.

Music? I've got Live Cream on. The instrumental bits are best. Clapton, Bruce, and Baker playing together are better live than any other three musicians. Yes, better even than Squire, Mani, and Reni playing Fools Gold at the end of that film made by Shane Meadows.

Anything else? Ha! No - is the short answer. 'What's the long answer, Mikey?' Er ... no, no, no, no, no, and NO!!! / And you can't blame me, reader(s). Are finance people naturally lazy? I don't know. I'm here, I'm ready, I'm waiting for ... news. Even a PR email would be nice. I got one last night about leather bags. 'Ha!' How the fuck is that relevant to this blog?!

Laters.