Monday 4 January 2016

One in five people will be looking for a new job this year

Because they're sick of the one they already have! Oh dear. The grass is always greener, eh? Nothing will change, dear reader(s), until we have ... REVOLUTION, man!!! 'Are you serious, boss?' No, Voice. You should know my sense of humour by now.

One in five. Well, I'm one of them. I mean, I feel I've had a good run as a financial shaman. I've achieved a lot of things. However, 2016 must be the year that I become a rock and roll shaman. [Or at least a songwriter. I'm going to play it by ear ...]

Well, well ... / How about YOU(!) ... reader(s)? Are you really going to stay at Goldman, or Barclays, or Aviva Investors [you'd be a fool not to, easy street!], or Point72, or ... wherever you are? / Ha! Where are you? Oh, I can see you ... staring at me, staring at you. Jesus H. Christ! What's it all about? You could just walk out the door ... RIGHT NOW(!). Yes, you're back at work, but who's stopping you ... just walking out that door, man?! 'Maybe they should wait until later, boss.' Why? 'There'll be a sunset later, hopefully.' Oh, good point! What time does the sun set today? Yeah, wait until later, my friend(s).

...

Music? I'm listening to Bob Dylan, various songs, his, er, "big" songs, as it were, or ... as they are. 'Like?' Like, uh, It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding), Visions of Johanna, Mr Tambourine Man ... / I'm thinking about trying to write something similar - as a sort of test, you dig? It's not a question of getting more ambitious BECAUSE(!) ... my crooner's torch song You're Lying is about as big an achievement as achievements get. 'Oh, okay.' I’m just talking about trying something different, that's all.